Some things to expext:
Training in basic law enforcement concepts and other related duties which include, but
are not limited to:
Equestrian Training - consists of groundwork concepts...lunging, lateral work, side passing, and communication skills for both the rider and the horse. Turn on the forehand, and turn on the haunches and collection. Saddle work includes all the above and more.
General Law Enforcement Training
- CPR/First Aid - All members will be certified once a year at the expense of the PD. This is a 4-hour class that is very beneficial to you in case an emergency arises.
- Patrol Practices -We patrol the City as a group. Basic knowledge is required and helpful to know while working with the public.
- Police Ride-a-Longs -This is offered to all members of the Posse. Ride-a-longs give you basic knowledge of the law and how police work with the public in general. All members are encouraged to go on ride-a-longs.
- Color Guard -We have several events during the year that requires a full-color guard. Members that participate in a color guard volunteer for this duty.
- Special Events - Events come up throughout the year within the City of Chino and in outlying cities, we attend these events mounted and non-mounted.
- Traffic Control - City of Chino uses us on occasion for City events.
- Community Relationships - Chino Mounted Posse enjoys a unique relationship with the community of Chino. As part of its commitment to being an active volunteer group, we dedicate ourselves to bringing together the community as one.
- Parades - Everyone loves a parade. We participate in parades to promote goodwill between the local surrounding cities.
“The unselfish effort to bring cheer to others will be the beginning of a happier life for ourselves.”
“Every person can make a difference, and every person should try.” – John F. Kennedy
Prospective members must be 21 years of age. You will be required to submit a set of fingerprints, and successfully pass a Chino Police Department background check.
Participate in training and successfully pass horse/rider certification tests for mounted status.
Willing to donate time and effort toward civic-mindedness.
Able to work well within group settings.
In order to qualify for membership, you must first participate in three rides, mounted training functions, or events and attend two monthly meetings. Mounted Members will be required to demonstrate their horsemanship abilities.
Membership Initiation Fee
$100 for Mounted Member
Mounted members must have an appropriate horse and own or have access to a horse trailer.
$50 for Non-Mounted Member
Qualifications and background checks are the same for both mounted and non-mounted. Non-mounted members will not be required to demonstrate horsemanship, or own a horse or horse trailer.
The membership initiation fee is a one-time payment that is necessary to offset for uniforms and equipment that will be issued to you.
$36 PER YEAR
You will be required to attend meetings that are currently scheduled on the first Thursday of each month at 7:00 pm.
The Mounted Posse Program meets at the Chino Police Facility located
Chino Police Department
5450 Walnut Avenue
Chino, California 91710
Are you ready to join us?
Download the application, fill it out on your computer, resave it and then email to us. We will start the process.